#Europe #Germany #Berlin #Streetphoto #Travel #Citybreak #Architecture #2016
Todo in Berlin
*list provided by an old friend. Real Berlin enthusiast and frequent traveller… Historical
- Reichstag – German Parliament – you can go into the Huge glass dome at the top
- Brandenburger Tor – the Brandenburg Gate which is like the Arc de Triumph etc.
- Museum insel – Museum Island – island that has lots of Museums on it – the most famous of which is the Pergamon Museum which has the pergamon gate and one of the small gates from Babylon
- Checkpoint Charlie – museum showing what was one of the most famous wall crossing points. Shows some of the escape attempts
- Stasi Museum and Stasi Remand Prison – the East German secret police headquarters and remand Prison
- Topographie des Terrors – the remains of the old Gestapo headquarters showing how things were like under the Nazis
- The Bunker at anhalter banhof – an old air raid shelter which has a bit of history from the Nazi era (I’ve been told there is not only that. I highly encourage you to do your own research if you’re interested)
- Soviet War memorial at Teptower Park – Massive Soviet war memorial
- Zitadelle Spandau – Renaissance castle
- Charlottenburg Palace – one of the last surviving original palaces.
- Berliner Dom – Berlin Cathedral
- Bust of Neferititi – might be in the altes musuem or the neues museum – you will need to check,
- Techinical Musuem – has a copy of one of the first computers – before Turings colossus.
- Spy Museum on Leopold Platz (Near Potsdamer platz) – the history of spying and some of the tools of the trade during the cold war (including the lipstick guns, miniature cameras and a copy of the umbrella used to assassinate a dissident in London)
- Hackescher markt and Oranienburger strasse for nightlife.
- Berlin Philharmonic – the best in the world pretty much.
- Ritter Sport Buntes schocowelt – the Ritter Sport Cafe – huge selection of Ritter sports
- Fernseturm – the large TV tower in Alexanderplatz which was once the highest(or 2nd highest) building in Europe which has a revolving restaurant at the top
- Kaufhaus des Westens (aka Ka De We) – German equivalent of Harrods.
- Kurfursten Dam – looking for a Bentley, Jimmy Choo, Chanel etc…..?
- Tiergarten – large garden in City Centre
- Various river tours on the Spree
- Zoo & aquarium – one of the largest in terms of species (was the second biggest before the war) in the city Centre
- Tegler See (large lake with boats one called “Moby Dick” that looks like a whale)
- Grunewald – Large green forest
Leave a Reply